Saturday 6 August 2011

Friday - Mum's homecooking on the Wirral

Yesterday we headed back to my home town - Hoylake on the Wirral - for a weekend with family and friends. I think Mum recongised that the food she made last night would be on the blog (I haven't see parsley garish on your food before mum??!) so she put on a brillant spread for us and Auntie Karen (thats not to say her food isn't always brilliant!). The FoodandBiscuits crew we shattered so had an early night while the sisters carried on partying until the early hours. We are heading to Liverpool Gay Pride today which should be a laugh - see all on the blog next time!

Quick word on my running training - ran from Hoylake to New Brighton and back this morning - 11 miles.

CANAPES
THE MAINS (REMEMBER THERE WERE ONLY FOUR OF US!)
The spread
Meatballs (at Jo's request!)
Chorizo and potatoes
Prawns
Chicken thighs
Vegetables
PUDDINGS
Home made gooseberry ice cream
Apple and blackberry crumble (blackberrys from Grandads garden)
I had this crumble and cream
And this - ice cream and chocolate! (lucky I did go for a run!)
THE CHEF
Mum Sue xx

No comments: