Tuesday 2 August 2011

Tuesday - The Start of the Abs Diet!!!

With my half marathon looming and the FoodandBiscuits massive on a bit of a health kick, I opened a book for the first time which I bought a good 3 years ago called 'The Abs Diet'. On further reading it doesn't look too difficult to follow so we have decided to give it a crack. 

I am not to fussed about rock hard abs, but it would be nice to lose some of the belly!!!

From a food point of a view it revolves around at least 2 of these things at 6 daily meals (including snacks);

1. Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.
2. Beans and Other Legumes
3. Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
4. Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
5. Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
6. Eggs
7. Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
8. Peanut Butter – All-natural, sugar-free.
9. Olive Oil
10. Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
11. Extra-Protein Powder(Whey)
12. Raspberries and Other Berries


So, today I had meals in this order;
  • Scrambled eggs, spinach on a slice of wholemeal
  • A couple of spoons of peanut butter
  • Salad with a few slices of saucisson (not part of the diet but it has come over from Paris and I love it!)
  • 3 ritz crackers and Parisian Camembert (again not on the list but see above and picture below!)
  • Muesli with blue berries and low fat creme fresh
  • Mackerel with quinoa salad - this was dinner that Jo made - see pictures below (very light but full of flavour)






All in I don't think I have eaten too badly!! Ok, I haven't stuck to the diet to the letter but at least there are no Kit Kat Chunkys!! (my fav chocolate bar)

No comments: