Wednesday 22 February 2012

Wednesday Green Pancakes!

Tuesday this week was Shrove Tuesday, traditional day to eat pancakes of all sorts and generally clear out the cupboards before the frugal Lent period.  I've never given anything up for Lent before, and this year is no different.  I don't have too many vices and I failed miserably giving up the booze in January so I'm not punishing myself!

Joe had dinner out with his other wife on Tuesday so we postponed pancakes for a day.  I'm sure Joe spent the day convinced he was going to dine on naughty pancakes stuffed with nutella (my personal fave) but oh no, not when I'm in the kitchen!  Today we had green pancakes (i.e. made with parsley, rocket and oregano) with chorizo, roasted shallots, tomatoes and goats cheese.  It was a pretty tasty dinner although the herbs might have been a little overpowered by the chorizo!  Ah well!

Green pancakes with chorizo, goats cheese and tomatoes

No comments: